NIFT Kolkata Application Form 2019: NIFT or National Institute of Fashion Technology was set up in the year 1986. It was set up by the Government of India’s, Ministry of Textiles. It is an institute of design, technology and management. In the year 2006 NIFT was permitted to grant degrees and other academic distinctions. NIFT was ranked best fashion school in the world in 2019 CEOWORLD magazine. Check the details of NIFT Kolkata Application Form 2019. Check West Bengal Hotel Management Admission 2019.
Also, Check Aliah University Admission 2019.
NIFT Kolkata Application Form 2019
NIFT offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses. For that candidates are required to take written admission test called CAT & GAT i.e. Creative Ability Test and General Ability Test respectively. The entrance examination for NIFT admission is conducted once in a year.
- For Bachelor Program candidates have to appear in the written test. Who clear the test are further required to appear in situation test.
- For Master Program candidates have to appear in written test and then in PI Round i.e. Personal Interview Round.
Candidates have to online for admission to NIFT Kolkata.
NIFT Kolkata 2019 Important Dates
- Online Registration for NIFT Kolkata will start on 20th October 2019 to 29th December 2019.
- Deadline for Online Registration is 2nd January 2019.
- Deadline for online registration with the late fee of Rs.5000/- (in addition to application fee).
- The payment of application fee will be done through Credit Card /Debit Card and Net Banking.
- The application fee can also be paid through DD (Demanding Draft).
Admit Card Release date
- Admit Card (Online only)- 9th Jan. 2019.
- Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes- 21st Jan. 2019.
- Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview April – May 2019.
Result Declaration Date
- Declaration of Final Result (Online) End of May / June 2019
- Counselling will start from June 2019 onwards. Check IILM MBA Admissions.
NIFT Kolkata 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NIFT Kolkata 2019 are as follows:
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit For Master Programmes.
Educational Qualifications required for different courses are as follows:
For Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Program:
- Candidates should have passed or appeared in 12th
- The 12th class should be passed or appearing from a recognized education board (state or central).
- Advance (A) level/ International Baccalaureate, General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri-Lanka).
- Candidates should be 12th class or equivalent from any Board/ University.
- Candidates should be passed or appearing in 12th class (in minimum five- subjects)organized by National Open School.
- A Diploma in Design (3-years form a recognized institution).
M.Des (Master of Design)
- Candidates should have passed bachelor degree in design or equivalent from any recognized government university
- Diploma in Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology or National Institute of Design.
- The Diploma in Design should be of minimum 3-years duration from NIFT / NID.
M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology from NIFT.
- B.E / B.Tech. from any government recognized university.
- OBC (NonCreamy) 27 %
- ST 7.5 %
- SC 15 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) 3 % for Differently Abled Person
- State Domicile 20% (supernumerary)
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI 15 %
Mode of Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee is Rs.1500/- or Rs.750.
- For Gen/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) the application fee is Rs. 1500 and For ST/SC and PHP candidates the application fee is Rs. 750.
- For the payment of application fee, Credit Card/ Debit Card and Net Banking can be used.
- Demand Draft (DD) can also be used for the Payment of NIFT application fee (Rs 1500/- in case of GEN/ OBC category and Rs 750/- in case of SC/ST/PHP category).
- The Demanding Draft (DD) has to be made in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at Kolkata.
Address: Project Manager – CMS All India Mngt. Asso., Mngt. House, Kolkata. Check State Institute of Performing and Visual Arts Admissions.
NIFT Kolkata 2019 Examination Pattern
- The mode of examination for all the course will be Pan Paper-based i.e. offline mode.
- For B.Des and M.Des written test time duration will be 2 hours. And, for B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F. Tech. courses the time duration will be 3 hours.
- In B.Des course 100 questions will be asked and 120 questions will be asked for M.Des paper.
- All the tests will be conducted in English language only.
- For B.Des and M.Des two written test CAT and GAT will be conducted and for B.F.Tech, MFM and M.F.Tech only One paper i.e. GAT will be conducted.
- Negative Marking will not be done in any of the written tests.
List of NIFT Examination Centres
- Guwahati 1
- Kannur (Kerala)
- Srinagar (J&K)
HOW TO APPLY Online
- Candidates can apply online on the official portal of the NIFT-Kolkata, which is https://applyadmission.net/nift2019 or www.nift. ac.in.
- The Prospectus is also available at NIFT official website www.nift.ac.in.
- Candidates can follow the steps given in the prospectus to fill the online application form. The prospectus is available for free of cost.
- The Application Fee has to be paid in online mode OR through Bank Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “NIFT HO” payable at Kolkata.
- Application Fee for General/OBC candidates is Rs.1500.
- Application Fee for SC/ ST/ PHP candidates Rs.750.